Greek Meatballs (Keftedes) for the lunchbox!
Greek Meatballs (Keftedes)
6g carbs per 182g serving
- 3 lbs. (1.4 kg) ground beef (chuck, round, sirloin, chicken your preference)
- 1 med. White onion finely chopped
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (OK to omit if diet requires or replace with Greek yogurt)
- 2 tsp. Greek One Spice®
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 garlic head chopped fine
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley or fresh mint
- 1 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs (Low carb healthy alternative 3 TBSP Chia seeds)
Directions: Sauté your onions add to meat. After whisking your eggs into a liquid, stir in cream, Greek One Spice® cinnamon, mustard, to your liquid and stir. Add your liquid to your meat. Add garlic, mint (my preference) and breadcrumbs. Using your hands, mix well, and then let set for 30 minutes in bowl.
Form into balls, bake in a 350° F (180° C) degree oven approximately 20-25 minutes. Use a pan with a lip and line with parchment (baking) paper.
For me, I like them better cold. Makes a great lunchbox alternative for kids! Or you can serve hot for dinner with mash potatoes and a green vegetable.