Rice Pilaf with Chicken
This is a family tradition and we have always used our tomato puree can to measure our rice & liquids, so whatever size can you decide to use, this will be your measuring cup.
- 2 cans rice
- 1 can tomato puree or tomato sauce + 1 can water
- 1 can stew tomatoes + 1 can water
- 2 cans chicken stock + 2 cans water
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 2 celery stalks chopped fine
- 2.5 lbs(1 kg)chicken strips
- 1 teaspoon Greek One Spice®
Cook meat until liquids have dissolved. Add butter, onions and celery, cook until tender. Add liquids and spice; bring to boil and then add rice. Cover, lower heat to a little higher than Low. Rice should be done within 20 minutes. Remove cover, if you have a lot of liquid, place a tea towel over the pot and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve on a plate as a main dish, sprinkle lemon juice over. When I was a kid, I would pat down the rice flat on my plate and make a smile face.